Identifying penetrating damp (pd) isn’t too difficult if you know what you’re looking for. Here are 7 common telltale signs of pd that mean you need damp solutions quick smart.
- A damp patch (or patches) on ceilings and walls that increase or darken when it rains
- A damp stain on external walls
- Water drips or puddles on ceilings, walls and floor
- Rooms that feel unusually cold or smell musty
- Plaster that’s blistered, disintegrating or crumbly
- Patches of black mould or mildew on walls or skirtings
- Rotting floorboards or skirtings.
Identifying building defects and penetrating damp swiftly is important as if ignored it can lead to dry rot infestation, as well as skin and respiratory problems for the property’s occupants, particularly if they’re young or elderly.
IF IN DOUBT, CALL THE PROFESSIONALS
If you suspect you have some kind of damp problem, but aren’t sure how to fix it, then call TDT Preservation. Established in 1967 we’re professional damp specialists who can be relied on to identify the problem and provide damp solutions where necessary for your property. Our damp proofing experts (d.p.e) operate in Somerset and throughout the South West treating residential as well as commercial, public and national trust properties. Jump online and Book a Survey today or call us on 01761 416 728.
CALL TDT PRESERVATION – 01761 416 728
OR REQUEST A CALL BACK